Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Razer Spectre Starcraft 2 Gaming Mouse

Unlike my cousin brother, Eugene, I'm not really a fan of computer gadgets. As long as the gadgets are working fine with me, I won't be bothered to change them. However, I must admit that I was a little tempted by the Razer computer accessories.

Being a Starcraft 2 player myself, I was initially considering to get the Razer Spectre mouse. The urge of getting it were pretty strong but the thought of spending RM 250 for a mouse sets me back. Not until when Eugene agreed to release his Razer Spectre after a month of use at RM 200, I agreed to break my personal record of spending hundreds on a mouse.
Razer Spectre Mouse

Razer Spectre is the official licensed mouse of Starcraft 2 of Blizzard under the Razer Starcraft 2 Gaming Series. The name Spectre is derived from the name of a special tactical unit in the Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty campaign which has the ability to snipe, cloak and call down nukes. Thus, it is no surprise to name this mouse as Spectre, because the mouse is the core accessory in executing the strategic movement of Starcraft 2 game play.

Look sexy even before the feature kicks in

Gold-plated USB connector
In truth, I really do not know what are the difference between a gold-plated and a typical USB connector.

Button force adjustment
Allow the adjustment of the force needed to click, with high being the higher force needed to perform a click.

Lighting Feature
The lighting area can each be customized differently using the Razer Starcraft 2 series software which offers more than 50 choice of colours.

The lighting feature does not meant to serve as a decorative purpose only. During the Starcraft 2 gameplay, the lights will change according to your Actions-Per-Minute(APM) in the game. APM is the measurement of actions (training, building, moving units) completed within a minute in the real time strategy game. Obviously, the higher the APM goes, the better it gets because it means you are more involved in the game.
Actions-Per-Minute (APM) Lighting System
The lights will change to white when you hit a 250 APM and above in Starcraft 2 gameplay.

Other notable key features include:

*Lightweight, Fingertip-Grip 5 Button Mouse
*5600 DPI 3.5G Laser Sensor
*Ultrapolling (1000Hz Polling/1ms Response)
*200 inches per second and 50g acceleration
*Braided 7-Foot Usb Cable

Without doubt, it is my most expensive mouse owned to date. I definitely felt the difference especially during the game play in Starcraft 2. This Razer Spectre mouse offers me a smoother scrolling experience and a better sensitivity in executing my actions. So as the saying goes, you get better things when you spend more, is very true indeed.
My favourite feature of Razer Spectre

Finally, I understands why Eugene are willing to spend a lot in computer accessories. As for now, I'm contented with my computer accesories especially with this addition of Razer Spectre mouse. Next target? A mechanical keyboard maybe.

Thank you Eugene for selling me this piece of sexy mouse at a very reasonable price!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...