Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Homemade Breakfast Dish Restoran Fong Mei @ SS 14, Subang Jaya

Whenever after checking in my Proton Persona for a routine service at the SS 14 authorized Proton service centre, I will take my sweet time grabbing my breakfast at the SS 14 area while waiting for my car service to be done.

As much as I love the Bak Kut Teh in this area, however having them as a breakfast would be too heavy for my appetite especially when I am just awake. On my previous car service appointment, I tried my breakfast luck with Restoran Fong Mei, visiting them for the very first time.
Restoran Fong Mei

Very simple layout

Unlike a typical coffee shop, this stall has very little dish to offer. However, don't be fooled by their lacking of choices as each of the dish are personally prepared by the owner, Angeline, promising you a home-cooked taste.
The signature dishes of Angeline

I'd wanted to order a nasi lemak but they sold out even as early as 9am. Well, claypot Lou Shu Fun is my next automatic choice then.
Claypot Lou Shu Fun (RM 5)
It was very flavourful and comes with ample of gravy
, just like how I liked it to be. One of a better Lou Shu Fun that I have tasted..

Pretty good sambal

Beancurd Skin Ginkgo Dessert (RM 2 per bowl)
The beancurd skin are boiled till it is diluted. Coupled with the perfect sweetness, it definitely has what it take to be a good bowl of beancurd skin ginkgo dessert. Reminds me so much of my mum's version, tasted so similar.

The food that I've tried gave me a pleasant experience of home-cooked taste. No excessive MSG spotted (or maybe none), as I did not bottled down loads of water after the meal. Definitely will return here for the rest of the Angeline signature dishes.

Claypot Lou Shu Fun: 6.5/10
Beancurd Skin Ginkgo Dessert: 7.5/10

Atmosphere: 4.5/10
Price: 6/10
Verdict: Simple breakfast with a homemade taste!

Restoran Fong Mei
24, Jalan 14/2A
Subang Jaya
47500, Petaling Jaya
Selangor

Tel: 6012 - 663 0881 (Angeline Lim)
Business hours: 7 am - 1.30 pm daily (Closes on Monday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...