Sunday, July 4, 2010

Restoran Ah Ping Bak Kut Teh @ SS 14, Subang Jaya

Yes, it's another Bak Kut Teh post. Not in Klang but merely at my next neighbourhood area SS 14 in Subang Jaya. Needless to mention more as this area is famous for stretches of Bak Kut Teh Stall.

This time round, I patronized the used to be old favourite Bak Kut Teh stall of mine. Named as Ah Ping Bak Kut Teh, this stall has been in operation for decades in this neighbourhood area.
Restoran Ah Ping Bak Kut Teh

I recalled my first time being here was during the time when my parents brought me over. However, due to their not so value for money servings, it has been more than a year since my last visit here.
Since 1989

The owner preparing the BKT

The stall is one of the few famous one in the SS 14 area. Be sure to reach early to avoid disappointment of not getting the favourite parts for the Bak Kut Teh.
Popular with the crowds

I like my Bak Kut Teh to be consisted of pork belly, pork chunks, some ribs, intestines, golden spore mushrooms and tau pok. It was less than 10 minutes before my pot of Bak Kut Teh being served to the table.
Claypot Bak Kut Teh (RM 9 per pax)
The soup pretty much appeal to my taste bud. It was neither too thick nor too bland, offering the right hint of herb that suited well to my preference. The soup was not bitter at all, but instead was fill with some sweetness. The serving was a little generous too compared to the old times where they used to be kinda stingy with the servings.

The price list

Usually the price of 2 pax which includes rice and drinks will cost slightly above RM 20, in the region of RM 20- RM 25.

After a long absent from visiting the stall, the taste from it very much reminds me of my first visit here with my parents. Back then, it was good but then slowly deteriorating till we changed our choice of Bak Kut Teh stall. The question is, can the taste be maintained on my next visit?

Atmosphere: 5/10
Food: 7/10 (non-halal)
Price: 6/10
Verdict: Used to be my old time favourite but the stingy servings last time resulted me to change my preference BKT stall.

Restoran Ah Ping Klang Bak Kut Teh
42, Jalan 14/2
Subang Jaya
47500, Petaling Jaya
Selangor


GPS Coordinates: N3 04.366' E101 35.456'

1 comment:

  1. We Buddhists in Malaysia are very shameful and very low in the knowledge of Buddhist teachings, also low in morality in Buddhism, this is because the president of the三宝寺 SAMNAK SAMBODHI BUDDHIST ASSOCIATION (DATUK YIP KUM FOOK) in Malaysia, kicked out of Buddhist monks(Sangha) from the Temple and used police and gangsters

    Today, there are many Buddhist messages abroad to us about what is happening in Malaysia, but we cannot answer wrongly because the political elite party (MCA) created with Buddhist monks and news, sharing, forward and everywhere on the internet but This Datuk never solves problems.

    DATUK YIP KUM FOOK (叶金福) is a lawyer and political but his knowledge is too low, he always cheating on people and playboy with people's wives, if you research on the internet and type "YIP KUM FOOK" everything will appear on your screen monitor or your smartphone

    DATUK YIP KUM FOOK appointed his son (叶君瀚 YIP JIUN HANN) to be MCA chairman division Gombak but also the same system because his son was more playboy than a father, MCA party need to change and remove the dirty one, in future maybe can collapse like Buddhist Temple in Kepong (吉隆坡甲洞帝沙再也三宝)

    Sharing by Ms Ong, Gombak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...