Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Movida Grand Opening Party @ Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara [23rd April 2010]

There was this new club cum pub that just opened not too long ago at the happening hub of Sunway Giza. Named as the Movida, the grand lauch of the club was held in last April.

I received an invitation from my friend to join the grand launch of the club. I was a little reluctant since I toned down on alcohol a lot but in the end decided to join at the last minute to see what the launch had to offer. Since I already visited this place with my cousins weeks ago before the grand launch, it is good to check out how much they've improved.
Movida Club at Sunway Giza

I reached the place at 8.45 pm and it was so darn crowded! I had a hard time trying enter the premise what's more to grab some of the food offered.
Crowds busy getting the food

Dance or band performance are typical show during a launch, but it was my really first time seeing a lion dance performance at a club.
Lion dance performance

After the lion dance performance ended, I was greeted by those models of the launch to drop some words for Movida.
Themed models of Movida Club

Dropping a signature!

My signature of congratulatory!

Grand launch is always accompanied by free flow of alcoholic drinks. Thirsty I was, I headed to the station which was serving free beers. As usual, beer always had a good reception amongst the crowd, so I know I need to be a little patience to queue up for my beer.

I was being hopeful at first, but after some 15 minutes of queuing, I still did not get my share of beer. The queue was moving extremely slow. A check at the station showed that the bar tender sometimes passed those free beers to other people who did not queue. What pissed me off even more was that he passed them in jugs rather than mug! Ultimate frustration on such a crappy system!
Crappy serving time of beer!

After more than 20 minutes of queuing up, I still yet to get a mug of beer. I gave up and proceeded to the inner premise of Movida! Since the span area were not huge, it required some task to get to the back of the bar which serves free cocktails. I'd managed to sneak my way through and I was thankful that I did get my cocktail after just minutes of wait.
A full house Movida

Later on, I was invited to the VIP area which was on the upper floor of the club. It was way a lot better, as it was less packed and I get my free beer in jugs rather than mug. Now this is what I call free flow!
Dance area on the ground floor

View from the upper floor as crowd getting the free drinks

With the themed models!

On that night, it was just too packed for even some movement what's more for dancing. The free flow ended at 10.30pm and whilst I did bumped into some old friends of mine, I did not stayed up there long. Overall, I wouldn't say the grand launch was that grand. Only if they'd monitored the free flow station a little better to reduce the frustration among the crowd..

Movida Kitchen. Bar. Club Lounge
Unit C.03 & C.03A, Block C
Sunway Giza Mall
N0 2, Jalan PJU 5/14
PJU 5, Kota Damansara
47810, Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Malaysia
Tel: 03 - 6141 8022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...