Friday, March 26, 2010

Peng Yuan Hokkien Mee @ Section 14, off Jalan 222

Has always passed by this stall whenever I travel to Taman Paramount. While being inside the car, I could see a large crowd dining in the coffee shop whenever I passed by. It does make me wondering, surely must be something pulling the crowd to the coffee shop.

Finally decided to give it a try with my parents on the very last Sunday of the Ox Year 2010.

We realized that it was actually the fried noodles stall that was pulling the crowd. People were seen waiting for their food on the table whilst some were seen queuing up for take away. A point worth noting was that they used charcoal fire instead of gas.

They were 2 cook and 2 assistant helping out at the stall. They work like a machine and I never see them stopping for even a second, especially the cook.
Human Machines

We ordered the Hokkien Mee since we can smell the goodness of it the moment when we were seated. After almost half an hour wait, our food came to our table.
Hokkien Fried Noodle (RM 5 per pax)
The Hokkien Noodle was superb. It was full with flavour and the "wok hei". The noodles were spongy, without the boric acid smell and were well infused with the gravy. Making things better, the pork lards were generous too, resulting to an awesome plate of Hokkien Noodle.

We ordered a bowl of Loh Mee too from the same stall because I want something soupy.
Loh Mee (RM 5 per pax)
The Loh Mee tasted very average just like those you can find at fried noodles stall around. Nothing really hits my taste bud in particular.

Mum and I did went to order some other food while waiting for the fried noodles.

Mum couldn't resist the temptation of the Fried Carrot Cake even though she is a very health cautious lady.
Fried Carrot Cake (RM 4)
Not the best I have eaten, but I would rate it as above average. Even though I'd prefer the thicker version as in more spicy and oilier, this one does caught me for it's presence of "wok hei". A good call for those diet watcher since this is a very less oil version.

And just I thought it has been ages since I had a grilled fish, why not pamper myself with one.

Grilled Fish (RM 12)
The fish was decently infused with the curry powder. It was dry unlike those typical grilled fish that were heavily infused with oil. What really hits me were the sambal belacan condiments for the fish. It goes really well with the fish. Reminds me so much of my mum's homemade sambal belacan when she was still hardworking at kitchen.

Fried Hokkien Noodle: 8/10 (non-halal)
Loh Mee: 6/10 (non-halal)
Fried Carrot Cake: 6.5/10
Grilled Fish: 6.5/10

Atmosphere: 5/10
Price: 6/10
Verdict: Do not missed out the charcoal-fried Hokkien Mee!

Location: The row of shop lots facing the housing area (near Shell Station).

Kedai Makanan dan Minuman Ah Fatt
Peng Yuan Hokkien Mee
Section 14/48J
Petaling Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...