Monday, March 22, 2010

Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh @ Taman Intan, Klang

I was accompanying Kien Wai traveling to Klang to submit his marathon thingy on one Sunday. By the time he finishes, it was near to 12pm. He asked me to recommend him some great food at Klang. Well, I'm not really familiar with Klang area, and honestly the food that I thought of was Bak Kut Teh at Taman Intan.

This was my third time being here. I remembered my first time being here was somewhere near the end of 2008 with my buddy Chee. Then, somewhere near the end of last year, I was here again with my ex colleagues for an early brunch.

As usual, the business was unsurprisingly good and was packed with people. The flow of the people were like an endless water supply, with crowd leaving and were replaced by another new crowd. There were no empty table were spotted.
Hugely popular with the crowd
Accordingly, this is the most popular Bak Kut Teh stall in Taman Intan.

On the way to the washroom, you will passed by an area where you could see the workers all busily preparing the Bak Kut Teh like the machines. Their movements, chopping skills were swift and smooth, just like the machine!
The ever busy stove!

Nothing beats Chinese Tea when it comes to Bak Kut Teh, so a pot of it for the two of us.
Tit Guan Yin Chinese Tea

Bak Kut Teh
The soup was very thick and rich with herbal smell. All the meat were well infused with the herbal smell of BKT. It gave you an after taste aroma with some stickiness of the pork oil lingering in your mouth. However, it was not one of my preferred BKT though as I find the soup was too thick for my likings.

The total bill came to RM 33.80 which includes 2 pax of BKT, a pot of tea and 2 bowl of rice. Honestly, I find the price was a little too pricey considering the fact that the portion of their servings were stingy! At it's price, I could get my preferred BKT for 3 pax at a place near to where I stay and with bigger portion!

The next time I'm in Klang, I would prefer to visit the stall just right beside it.

Atmosphere: 5/10
Food: 6/10 (non-halal)
Price: 5/10

Verdict: Worth a visit only if you like very thick soup of BKT. Otherwise, nothing really great after all especially their expensive price.

Restoran Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh
32, Jalan Batai Laut 5
Kawasan 16, Taman Intan
Klang, 41300
Selangor

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...