Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Johnny's Restaurant @ 1 Utama Shopping Centre

I was walking around with Kien Wai for some Chinese New Year clothes when we suddenly felt hungry. It has always been the Chinese New Year routine that somehow I will ended shopping for clothes with Kien Wai. Anyway, we were discussing for what we should have for our dinner.

I tell you what. Kien Wai has always been a supporter of fast food. I remembered all my outings with him will ended up in fast food. So time to be a little bit different, when I suggest to pay a visit to this nostaligic restaurant.


I have been here numerous time. This restaurant chain has existed for more than 8 years definitely. I remembered dining it for the very first time with my cousins when I was still a secondary kid. I recalled us having steamboat at that time.


It was packed as usual, as it was during the dinner time. However, we do not need to wait long before our drinks were served.

Ice Lemon Tea (RM 2.95)
Favourite drink of Kien Wai and mine as well.

Thai Iced Tea (RM 0.50)
My automatic choice whenever I patronized this shop. It was actually a plain tea with some pandan fragrant. It might taste a little bit weird for those who always associate pandan smell with sweet stuff. However, I just love this drink. And yes, it is refillable.

Thai Pineapple Rice (RM 5.95)
There were no pineapple taste nor even chunks of it that we can tasted. It was like as though the rice were being fried with some seasoning used as the flavor for the snacks. It was edible but well, at least it should be a little bit better. A serious no no for this dish unless you are curious on how Twisties Fried Rice tasted alike.

Tom Yam Bee Hoon (RM 5.95)
My bowl of noodle for the night. There were a prawn, some crab sticks and pieces of chicken meat. It tasted pretty decent and it has been all the while like this. At it's price, I seriously couldn't have ask for more. Plus point is that, it won't burn your tongue because the soup was very mild.

Water Chestnut in Syrup (RM 2.90)

Up close of the Chestnut
One of my favourite dessert. It consists of water chestnuts in syrup and slices of jack fruit serve in a sweetened diluted cocunut milk. I like how they served this dessert as their cocunut milk is not thick, much to my preference. The sweetness level was just perfect to sweeten my tooth after my tom yam.

The taste of the food still tasted like how they were years ago. I remembered I do still frequent them during my college days at the Alpha Angle Shopping Centre. My last visit, I guess was somewhere around in the mid of 2008. However, something worth mentioning is that, they have not raised their price since my college days. Isn't that amazing?

Atmosphere: 5/10
Food: 6/10
Price: 7/10
Verdict: Be sure to indulge in to their decent desserts at a very reasonable price!


Johnny's Restaurant
G215, 1 Utama Shopping Centre
No. 1, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 603- 77252181

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...