Sunday, February 7, 2010

Vest Inn Coffee Shop @ USJ 16, Petaling Jaya

I had been hearing from my parents that they did able to find a place that serves Char Koay Teow as good as the one in Lorong Selamat. Wow, that really amazed me, for as I know, I'd gave up ordering Char Koay Teow in the Klang Valley area even though I really love it. This is because they always never fail to fail me.

A sunday morning it was, I decided to wake up earlier than usual to follow my both parents for a breakfast. The coffee shop is located somewhere in a secluded area of USJ 16 housing area.


Time to get down to the business, to test the claim by my parents.

Uncle busy frying CKT
The uncle was friendly and he claimed that not many people knew about the existence of this stall since it was located quite secluded in the residential area of USJ 16.

After about 10 minutes of wait, the plate of Char Koay Teow was served on the table. Am really curious does the Char Koay Teow really lived up to my expectation as claimed by my both parents.

Fried Koay Teow (RM 4)
The "wok hei" was superb! First thought, am I still in my dreamland? The noodles were all evenly well flavoured and best of all, bean sprouts portion was generous. There is no chance for you to taste the raw smell of the flat noodles. Obviously there is no big prawns, but who cares, because this Char Koay Teow definitely is the best I have eaten in Klang Valley to date. And now I know why my mum said she will make it a monthly thingy to visit this stall even though she is a very health cautious lady. Two thumbs up for this exquisite CKT!

Mum loves fish head noodle, and she claimed the fish head noodle was great too.


Fish Head Noodle
The bowl comes with mee hoon, tao foo, pickled vegetable and Chinese cabbage.

Platter of Fried Fish Fillets
As opposed to the typical way of serving the fish fillets together with the soup, they do separate them into a different plate. I liked it this way as the fish fillets were not soggy. The fish fillets does not leave a fishy taste in your mouth and were crispy on the outside while smooth in the inside. To make things better, they come in a very generous servings.

Fish Head Mee Hoon (RM 5.50)
The soup was thick as they used ideal milk much to my liking. The soup does not have a "fishy" smell and it comes in a boiling temperature. Though I don't really fancied fish head noodles, but I would say this fish head noodles certainly deserved my credit. Maybe, I was disillusioned by other Fish Head Noodle all the while until I have tasted this.

We ordered yet another noodle, and this time it was the Wan Tan Noodle.


An auntie operates it

Wan Tan Noodle (RM 4)
I have always preferred the dry version one. However, this soup version does tasted decent. At least there were no smell of boric acid presence in this bowl. The Wan Tan was decent too as it was larger and have a nicer aroma than the usual one.

They do serves other food in the shop as well. My pick of the day was obviously the Char Koay Teow while the Fish Head Noodle really deserved some credits. It was as good as what my both parents have claimed.

Atmosphere: 5/10
Food: 8/10 (non-halal)
Price: 7/10
Verdict: The exquisite Char Koay Teow will be sure to put a smile to your taste bud!


Restoran Vest Inn
Corner Lot,
Jalan USJ 16/2G,
47630, Petaling Jaya,
Selangor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...