Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tony Roma's @ Sunway Pyramid

The last week of February marked with suspense amongst ACCA students who took their exam last December. Result was released on the 22nd February, and having went through it myself, I know how exactly it felt. Fortunately, most of my friends did well in that sitting and congratulations to them.

One of my happiest friend was Esther, as she did passed her final paper of the ACCA. This meant that she will be one of the many official affiliates of ACCA. Time for a celebration and, we agreed on Tony Roma's after shortlisting a few dining place.

I'd always like Tony Romas for their excellent staff service and the taste of their food. My first time patronizing here was back in year 2007 for my birthday celebration. Since then, I'd always recommend Tony Romas to my friends and families because of the excellent dining experience.
Cosy ambiance

Choosing your beverage was a headache because they have lots to offer ranging from alcoholic to non-alcoholic. It did took Esther a while before she pick her drink.
Bahama Mama Virgin (RM 7.90)
According to the attendant, this drink consisted of strawberry and banana juice. Unique enough.

Orange Juice (RM 8.90)
It is refillable and this is why I'd always stick to ordering the fruit juices whenever I'm here. I love free flow!

We were pretty hungry, and we did start off the dinner with their signature appetizer.
Onion Loaf (RM 12.90 half loaf, RM 16.90 full loaf)
Giant hand-cut Spanish onions, breaded, deep fried and served with their house BBQ dipping sauce.

Onion Loaf
Forget about being sinful for those diet watcher, because it will be more sinful not to indulge it. The bread loaf were so crispy and fluffy in the outside whilst the crunchy onion within offered the extra bite. Taste good even on itself. Need extra flavour? Just dip the loaf into their house BBQ sauce, and you will find it hard to resist the next helping.

Bread & Garlic butter
Complimentary from them as you ordered the Onion Loaf. Their bread was so soft and it went well with the Onion Loaf dipped with their special BBQ sauce.

I got creative, trying to make my own version of Onion Loaf sandwich.
My version of Onion Loaf Sandwich

Our main course was served to the table even before we finished the appetizer. This showed their kitchen staff is really working at an industrious rate. I'm a typical Asian and I'd always prefer to have some sauce for the extra dip on my main course. And for this, Tony Roma's were very generous with their offering of in house sauces.
Their in-house specialty sauce
They have Original, Red Hots, Blue Ridge Smokies and Carolina Honeys. Each of them have a special taste of their own, and you can be creative by mixing a few to form your favourite sauce.

BBQ 1/2 Chicken (RM 29.90)
A juicy, half chicken basted in Original barbecue sauce and charbroiled that served with French fries and cole slaw.
One of my favorite dish at Tony's and it doesn't fail me the each time I ordered it. It was full with flavour as a result of a good marination and perfectly charbroiled. Adding on, the chicken meat were so tender, juicy and full with sweetness. Two thumbs up!

Shrimp Scampi Pasta (RM 31.90)
A generous portion of shrimp lightly sauteed with garlic, fresh basil, tomato pesto, and a hint of chipotle. Served over linguine and topped with shaved Romano cheese.
I don't really fancied pasta but I find it hard to resist this pasta. My personal best shrimp pasta to date. Trust me, it was that good!

Congratulations to you Esther for being an affiliate of ACCA! =)

The total bill came to RM 105.25 which included 10% of service charge and 5 % governtment tax. I reckoned the price was pretty reasonable acknowledging the fact that the portion of their serving was very huge. I'd always find it difficult to finish a main course by myself. However on that day, I did finished them because I was somewhat very hungry. A very satisfying dinner in the end, and definitely I will be back here very soon!

Thank you Esther for the treat!=)

Atmosphere: 7/10
Food: 8/10
Price: 6/10
Verdict: Excellent food being served by the excellent staff!

Tony Roma's Ribs .Seafood. Steaks Restaurant
LL1.43, Lower Level One
Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall
3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway
46150, Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel: 603 - 7492 1188

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...